This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Can't activate addin

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:35 PM
For some reason the addin has stopped working. When I go to Com Add-ins, it is unchecked. I check it and click ok but it doesn't start. When I go back to Com Add-ins it is unchecked again. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Coordinator
Mar 25, 2015 at 2:57 PM
Are you working with the latest version that has tasks support? If so you can try to go back to a previous version to see if that works in the meantime.
Are you using a new account type or calendar maybe not supported by the add-in?
In case something blows up when loading, it should show a message box with the exception that happened.

What else has changed since the last time it worked?
Mar 25, 2015 at 3:02 PM
That’s the weird thing, nothing changed. I wonder if it is due to an Outlook update. I suppose I will uninstall/reinstall. I was hesitant to go that route since it didn’t uninstall properly when I did the last update. I did instal Malwarebytes but I wouldn't expect that to be the problem.
Mar 25, 2015 at 3:18 PM
Now I am getting the install error again. I appreciate the help. I desperately need this add-in.

Name:
From: file:///C:/Users/cassf_000/Downloads/Outlook2013TodoAddIn/Application Files/Outlook2013TodoAddIn_1_0_0_0/Outlook2013TodoAddIn.vsto

************** Exception Text **************
System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException: Downloading file:///C:/Users/cassf_000/Downloads/Outlook2013TodoAddIn/Application Files/Outlook2013TodoAddIn_1_0_0_0/Application Files/Outlook2013TodoAddIn_1_0_0_0/Outlook2013TodoAddIn.dll.manifest did not succeed. ---> System.Net.WebException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\cassf_000\Downloads\Outlook2013TodoAddIn\Application Files\Outlook2013TodoAddIn_1_0_0_0\Application Files\Outlook2013TodoAddIn_1_0_0_0\Outlook2013TodoAddIn.dll.manifest'. ---> System.Net.WebException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\cassf_000\Downloads\Outlook2013TodoAddIn\Application Files\Outlook2013TodoAddIn_1_0_0_0\Application Files\Outlook2013TodoAddIn_1_0_0_0\Outlook2013TodoAddIn.dll.manifest'. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\cassf_000\Downloads\Outlook2013TodoAddIn\Application Files\Outlook2013TodoAddIn_1_0_0_0\Application Files\Outlook2013TodoAddIn_1_0_0_0\Outlook2013TodoAddIn.dll.manifest'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync)
at System.Net.FileWebStream..ctor(FileWebRequest request, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare sharing, Int32 length, Boolean async)
at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponseCallback(Object state)
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.GetManifests(TimeSpan timeout)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()
Coordinator
Mar 25, 2015 at 3:27 PM
Wow, sorry to hear about that, I guess you have downloaded and unblocked the ZIP file prior to attempting installation, and also installed it as an administrator.

Can you also try the steps described from these people here before attempting to install to remove it completely from your system?

http://outlook2013addin.codeplex.com/discussions/457326
Mar 25, 2015 at 3:36 PM
I couldn't figure out how to run this:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VSTO\10.0\VSTOInstaller.exe /Uninstall file:///D:/Outlook2013TodoAddIn/Outlook2013TodoAddIn.vsto

Could you give me a hint? Thanks, again, for the help.