This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Office update disables Outlook2013ToDo Addin?

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:32 AM
I just downloaded an "update" to MS Office and it appears to have disabled the Outlook 2013 ToDo Addiin. So I downloaded the most recent version of ToDo Addin (Sept 18) and it didn't work either. When I double-clicked the .vsto file it didn't work, so I had to use "open with auto-extract" to install it. Not sure if this is related. There is a calendar but it looks exactly like the MS version except it doesn't show any appointments at all. Can someone help on this?
Oct 10, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Just guessing, but if in Outlook you chose File->Options->Addins->Clicked "Go", you might find the checkbox for this addin to be cleared. Re-checking should have added it back. This has happened to me a few times now. And, then once this addin was added back, you would have to re-choose the setting for "Accounts" to see your upcoming meetings etc...
Oct 10, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Thanks! I finally determined that the problem was that I had not checked the account box. After doing that, all well.. thanks for a very useful addin. D
Oct 14, 2013 at 3:21 PM
This add-in works very well, but every morning when I starts Outlook, I have to re-check the checkbox in Options/Add-in. I don't know why this is cleared when it is due to load at startup and it does not.
Oct 22, 2013 at 4:28 AM
I have just installed the add-in and as the other folks stated it is unchecked in the Addins section. Trouble is that when I check it and OK it the addin appears for a second to the right of the reading pane where it should, but then disappears. It is back to unchecked. I see no way to get it to stay active and open. Any thoughts?
Jan 10, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Relayerman wrote:
I have just installed the add-in and as the other folks stated it is unchecked in the Addins section. Trouble is that when I check it and OK it the addin appears for a second to the right of the reading pane where it should, but then disappears. It is back to unchecked. I see no way to get it to stay active and open. Any thoughts?
This is the same problem I'm having. Is there a solution to this? Any suggestions?
Nov 10, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Well this is a year later than recent posts but I have the same problem as the last two posts.
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2014 at 9:20 PM
Can you please try with the latest version and see what happens?
I have implemented a generic catch-all approach when starting up the add-in, so if something blows up upon initialization you should be able to see a pop-up with more details of the issue.

Thank you.
Dec 12, 2014 at 2:12 AM

While the add-on now appears there are still major problems. If the iCloud account is checked in the configuration then the Previous and Next Month buttons don’t do anything and if the mouse cursor passes over a day on the calendar it changes the color of the number to light grey instead of leaving it black (weird). Even if the Personal Folder account is checked nothing will display in the to-do list if the iCloud account is checked. Bottom line is that the iCloud account being checked renders the add-on useless.

Relayerman

Coordinator
Dec 12, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Yes, unfortunately as of now there's no support for 3rd party calendars such as iCloud ones.

https://outlook2013addin.codeplex.com/discussions/463329

Maybe I should put it up on the home page. :-)

Thank you
Feb 23, 2015 at 3:37 PM
I have the same issue. I just was forced to upgrade from Office 2010 to Office 2013 by my company. This add-in makes it tolerable, but I need to enable my account with the checkbox every morning and also to move the add-in into position as it's maximized on the right hand side of the screen and I prefer it to cover up the Microsoft calendar which I have above my task list like it was in 2010. Is there a fix for this yet? I have the latest version of the add-in (I think) and my Outlook version is "Outlook 2013 (15.0.4420.1017) 32-bit - Part of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013

Additionally, the add-in disappears completely when Microsoft Outlook is not the active window. This is annoying when you have two monitors and are working on the other monitor; the add-in is not visible at all just the default non-working 2013 calendar and you cannot see your upcoming appointments.
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2015 at 4:23 PM
Can you please try with the latest version and see what happens?
I have implemented a generic catch-all approach when starting up the add-in, so if something blows up upon initialization you should be able to see a pop-up with more details of the issue.

Thank you.
Feb 23, 2015 at 5:54 PM
Hi Gamosoft,

I have the one that was last updated Dec 9, 2014. Is there a newer one?

I had my Outlook closed for about 2 hours and I just re-opened it. The add-in was not visible when I first opened outlook although it had been visible when I closed it. I had to click ADD-INS, Show To-Do Panel to get it to display. It also displayed in the default position so I had to move it again. I did NOT have to re-click my account in the settings gear icon like I did this morning though. Hmmm...
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2015 at 6:08 PM
Yes, that's the last one, so if nothing is crashing I believe the process is starting as it should.

However, when you close Outlook, it attempts to save the user preferences (such as selected accounts, email alert settings, etc...).

Due to Outlook's programming nature this has to be done asynchronously, so can you try closing it and waiting a few seconds before attempting to reopen it again?

Honestly, if there's no crash I can't really figure out what's happening. Have you looked into the system logs for any unexpected behavior?

Thank you.
Feb 23, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Yes, I had Outlook closed for 2 hours. I will try again though.

I just closed Outlook for 20 minutes and then re-opened it. The add on was not visible again BUT this time I did get a notification about an Add-In not working. I clicked the message and it showed me a box "Outlook detected an add-in problem. This add-in caused Outlook to start slowly. (Outlook 2013TodoAddIn)" and it had disabled it. I did not get this notification before that I can recall.

Since Outlook 2013 was just installed last week, I decided to run Windows Update and it found almost 2 GB of updates for Office. I am going to install all of these updates and then post back here to let you know if the issue has been fixed or not.

Thanks for your help.
Feb 24, 2015 at 1:08 PM
I installed all of the MS Office updates and rebooted. I selected to "permanently enable" the add-in on the "add-in problem" dialog box. The add-in does seem to save my settings now except for window placement. It also can be seen when Outlook starts up.

I will start a new thread about the add-in disappearing when Outlook is not the active window.

Thank you for all of your help. I'm happy to have this add-in (although sad that it is even necessary to have an add-in for basic program functionality)