This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Functional Extensions

Oct 2, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Just to add my voice to the various comments regarding this truly excellent add-in!
  • The "ToDo" list at the bottom would be a superb addition! (and I believe that you have commented elsewhere that you are working on it)
  • Would it be possible to add Calender weeks to the display (corresponding to the main calendar settings)?
    Once again - thanks for a really helpful add-in!
Coordinator
Oct 2, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Hi John, I'm glad you like this and take note of the suggestions, you can click on "follow this project" to be updated when new versions are published.

I have something in progress for TODO, unfortunately need to find the time. ;-)
Regarding your second question not sure what you mean; display the week of the year in the calendar?

Kind regards.
Oct 2, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Hi, thanks for the quick reply J

The “Calendar weeks” are mainly used in mainland Europe and can be found in the Outlook calendar under Options à Calendar à Display Options à “Show week numbers in the month view and in the Date navigator”:

In Outlook 2010 this resulted in vertically numbered weeks e.g. October 07-12 would be “41”, on the left-hand side of the Todo calendar.

Best regards,

John.

Oct 16, 2014 at 8:46 PM
I installed this addin today and I'm very happy that the dates are bold again (as within Office 2010). For me there is only one thing missing and that are the week numbers as mentioned above. With Office 2013 SP1 it is possible to show them on the ToDo calendar. I only have Visual Studio 2013 Express and can not make VSTO project, so I can not try to add the weeks myself. I hope that it is possible to add and option to enable / disable showing week numbers.

Thank you for sharing this great outlook addin!!

With kind regards,
Joker009
Coordinator
Oct 17, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Well, I found some time, I'm finally adding week number support for those interested, stay tuned. ;-)
Coordinator
Oct 21, 2014 at 5:25 PM
The latest version is ready for download, please let me know your thoughts.

HTH.
Kind regards.
Oct 21, 2014 at 6:49 PM
Hi Gamosoft,

I downloaded and installed the latest version a.s.a.p. after reading that a new version was available. This version includes showing week numbers and that was exactly what I missed with the previous version of this great add-in. I'm very happy that you were able to make time to include this future. It looks really good and works as expected.

Thank you very much for this tool!!

With kind regards,
Joker009
Oct 21, 2014 at 7:18 PM
Hi Gamosoft,

I looked again to the calendar of the last version of the outlook addin and noticed that the last column was not displayed correct. Increasing the size of the pane did not solve this. I re-installed the old version of 11 September 2013 again and then the last column was displayed correctly.

Image of new version with incorrect last column (I marked that with red):

Image of previous version using the same settings, width of the pane showing the last column correctly:

I hope that you are able to fix this.

Thank you in advance.

With kind regards,
Joker009
Coordinator
Oct 21, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Edited Oct 21, 2014 at 7:31 PM
Hm, if you hide the week numbers column then does the rest of the calendar show correctly?

One thing I can see in your screenshot is that there seems to be too much white space between the week numbers column and the adjacent days column.
Do you have anything changed regarding font settings or similar?

Please refer to the screenshot I posted in the home page:
Appointments
As you can see it looks fine to me, but I'll take a look.

Thank you.
Coordinator
Oct 21, 2014 at 7:38 PM
Furthermore, in the screenshot you sent looks like it's "shifting" the calendar and not actually changing the size. Apparently not only the last column is missing, but the last 2 ones (Saturday and Sunday according to your configuration).

The code is actually pretty simple (https://outlook2013addin.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/109801#Outlook2013TodoAddIn/CustomCalendar.cs) lines 325-336, so not sure why it's behaving like that...
Oct 21, 2014 at 8:33 PM
Edited Oct 22, 2014 at 6:56 PM
You are right, the last two columns are not showed on my computer. I did not change anything else than un-install the previous version and install of another version of your add-in and started outlook again. So no change of fonts.
I now installed the latest version again to make a screenshot without showing the weeknumbers. Now I'm still missing one complete column (Sunday) and the column of Saturday in not displayed 100% correctly. I don't understand as I 'm now not showing weeknumbers so the information to be shown is exactly the same as in the previous version. Only now it is shifted to the right :(

Image of latest version without showing weeknumbers:

I noticed that it is displayed in your screenshot correctly.

Update 22/10: I have tested this on another computer. No previous version of this add-in was ever installed on this computer and today I installed the latest version. Also on this computer I lost the last 2 columns when showing the weeknumbers or the last column when I don't show the weeknumbers....

My OS is on both computers Windows 8.1 with Update 1.

Hopefully other users will share whether it is displayed correctly or not.
Oct 23, 2014 at 5:59 PM
I also wanted to add that I am encountering the the same thing as joker with the Oct 21 version. The calendar is truncating the last two and half columns on the calendar.

Additionally, the scroll bar at the bottom does not have the same formatting as the rest of Outlook (the very minimalist monochrom) but instead is the standard grey scroll bar like in Windows Explorer. (On this note, would it at all be possible to have meeting names on two lines or end in ellipses when too long? The scroll bar does seem out of place even when it looks like it belongs.)

I was able to install the Sept 18 build, and I am using this version for now as it doesn't truncate and I don't need week numbers.
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2014 at 7:04 PM
This is very strange, I don't know why this is happening. I do have Windows 8.1 as well and looks fine in my machine.
So you're all saying that the latest version works perfectly fine even after reinstalling, correct?

Please try this:

1.- Close Outlook
2.- Uninstall the addin
3.- Launch Outlook to verify the addin is gone
4.- Close Outlook again
5.- Delete all registry entries under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Outlook2013TodoAddIn

6.- Go to the user settings folder and delete the folder for the addin, typically something like:

C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft_Corporation\Outlook2013TodoAddIn.vsto_Path_pzllr20qornqmrstb3lfbn4njpshdzry

7.- Try to reinstall again and let me know please.

Thank you.
Kind regards.
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2014 at 7:06 PM
I have opened a new issue here, please let's use it from now on:

https://outlook2013addin.codeplex.com/workitem/17081