This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Wonderful addin just need one very important change

Aug 5, 2013 at 6:12 AM
Hi .
This is great . just installed it after realizing that 2013 removed the days ahead. there is one small problem though. it opens a seperate pane and that takes more vertical space and I need that space.. I lhave the todo bar on the right and now this pane after it .
I still need to the todo bar for the tasks. (dont need the calendar any more) . Is there any way you can add the option to add your calendar to the todo bar and not in a seperate pane. for example if it was another menu item under the To-Do bar that I could check /uncheck.
Thanks.
Coordinator
Aug 10, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Hello, I'm working on the TODO container as well, but I'm pretty busy in my work so I can't dedicate all the time I want for this.

I currently have some work in progress to display a separate list for them, but it's all "in the air". :-)

Trust me that this is something I want to have as well, so I'll see when I can update it. :-)

Thank you! :-)
Aug 27, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I solved the additional pane dilemma with the following:
  • I cleaned up the original Todo pane to eliminate the Calendar (which I no longer need) and People (which I never use) leaving only the Tasks at the top of the pane.
  • From the drop-down to the right of Appointments, I selected Move and was able to Move and Size this great Add-In to cover the bottom half of the Todo Pane.
This appears to be working as I had hoped with one quirk ... when the focus goes away from the Outlook window, the Appointments Add-In is no longer visible. Give the focus back, and it reappears.

I don't recall whether this quirk existed before I Moved the Add-In, but I suspect not.

Thanks to gamosoft for this terrific Add-In. It certainly saved me from returning to Outlook 2010.

e.t.
Aug 28, 2013 at 3:28 PM
One problem with this workaround is that the repositioning of the AddIn does not persist across sessions. I try to remember to close Outlook each night so that it does not hold onto files that my backup utility wants to back up each night. Then I connect in the morning and open Outlook the AddIn occupies its own pane :-(

I have discovered that I can drag and drop the Add In, so it is now a bit quicker (than using the menu to move it) to recover the positioning.

e.t.
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2015 at 8:01 PM
I have been working on the tasks panel for some time, and I have just published a preview version of the add-in with tasks support which you can get here:

https://outlook2013addin.codeplex.com/releases/view/612470

Please grab it and let me know what you think about it in the following thread:

https://outlook2013addin.codeplex.com/discussions/586185

Thank you!