This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Multiple calendar

May 13, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Is there an option on with the current version to show events from multiple calendars ?
Coordinator
May 13, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Not at the moment, but if this is a feature that people would like to have I might implement it but how would you show different calendar events? Based on their colors?
Any ideas?
May 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Outlook actually show the different events based on their color so yes I think you should do the same.
Coordinator
May 13, 2013 at 4:07 PM
You mean multiple calendars from multiple PSTs (i.e.: different accounts) or from shared calendars (such as team ones etc).
May 13, 2013 at 4:16 PM
in my case it would be outlook shared calendars and internet calendar (google calendar linked to outlook as .ics).
May 22, 2013 at 7:01 PM
I'd like to second this feature request. I have multiple mailboxes (Exchange) in my Outlook profile and being able to see more than just the primary mailbox's appointments would be amazing. I think using different colors would be a good way to make it clear it's different colors.
Jul 5, 2013 at 1:05 AM
This is a must-have feature for me. I'm searching high and low for an add-in that does this. WLM (Windows Essentials) does this beautifully. If you need to see an example I highly suggest you check out how Outlook's little brother does it.
Coordinator
Jul 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM
I'm attempting to implement this behavior but I think the different color approach may be confusing after the color categories change I recently released...

Any suggestions?
Jul 18, 2013 at 5:06 PM
How about different color text?
Jul 18, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Edited Jul 18, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Perhaps just force the user to choose between one or the other. Color by Category OR Color by Calendar. You can't have your cake and eat it too. :-)

Also, if the user "unchecks" a calendar in the Calendar view to hide it, it should also be hidden from the ToDo Bar. This is what I couldn't figure out when I dabbled in your source code. The Calendar view UI itself doesn't seem to expose itself in the object model so there's no way to tell what the user has checked on or off in the Calendar view. Or maybe I'm just ignorant.

Incidentally, this is how the WLM client app does it. Notice how it uses "Today," "Tomorrow," "Saturday" and then dates for far out events. This is so ideal. The Outlook Team has to hire the WLM team. https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=7867BE9519C12ED5!3878&authkey=!ABW25qzyOhXyo6o
[edit] All those are different calendars: from Outlook.com, Facebook, and a read-only iCal published internet calendar from a school.
Coordinator
Jul 18, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Edited Jul 18, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Yes, the API doesn't expose the calendars like that AFAIK, so I'm thinking of adding another configuration setting to choose from the available stores (i.e.: accounts) and go from there...

I'm having issues with the shared calendars though, only the default ones under "My Calendars" show up, but i guess it's a start. ;-)

Thanks a lot for the feedback! :-D
Coordinator
Jul 18, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Hi again, I have uploaded the latest version of the plugin with initial support for multiple calendars, as I had it almost coded already, and also added the "friendly" headers as per cmoya's suggestion (thanks!).

This is not a perfect implementation but I think it's a good starting point, please let me know what you guys think.

You can get the latest release here:
https://outlook2013addin.codeplex.com/releases/view/109656

Thank you all again for your feedback, personally it means a lot knowing that this tool is used by some people out there. :-)
Kind regards.
Jul 18, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Thank you for this great add-in. I was wondering if you are at all working on the ability to right click and accept decline or tentatively respond to pending requests? This was a great functionality that was lost from 2013 to 2010.

Thank you again for this great tool helping 2013 "catch up" to 2010 in some functionality.
Jul 18, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Outstanding job, man! I think if more people knew about this it'd be bigger. I'm ok with not having accept/decline since you can just double-click on an even to open it... and I prefer doing that anyway. About the only thing I miss is the ability to dock the Tasks box at the bottom, but that is sooooo minor. Thank you a million times.
Coordinator
Jul 18, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Shhh, don't tell anyone, but I have something going on for tasks as well... ;-D
Although this might take a while, but I think I can pull this off. ;-)

Thank you.
Jul 19, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Excellent update! Thanks for adding this feature!
Jul 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Hi,

Thank you for adding this suggestion.

It's not working in my case because my others calendar are ics calendar (righ click on calendars, "Add from internet..."). They appears in the "Other calendars treeview", not in "My calendars".
Could it be possible to add these calendars too ?
Coordinator
Jul 19, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Hello nazbrok, unfortunately I couldn't implement that... yet...
It's something I'd like to do but time permitting, I have a day job as well. :-)

The issue is that they're not treated as in standard Outlook "stores/accounts" so I can't find them the usual way, I'm afraid I'll have to loop through all possible folders or such to retrieve them, I'll see what I can do. :-)

Thank you!
Kind regards.
Jul 19, 2013 at 4:37 PM
I understand, no hurry.

thank you,,

regards