This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to Get Started?

Apr 29, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Hi,

Your add-in seems to be what I'm looking for, but it would be great if it could be installed without opening in VS and recompiling. Or am I missing something, and the downloaded package can be installed without opening VS? If this is the case, could you tell me the steps of installation?

Thanks,
em
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Hmmm, I have VS installed in my machine, so I don't know if there's anything else you need, probably this runtime:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/ms178739.aspx ?

In any case, what you can try is to download the latest release, unzip it and double-click the Outlook2013TodoAddIn.vsto file and see what happens. If this doesn't work then try with that runtime and see if it solves your issue.

FYI, I'm preparing a new release with a better looking calendar, especially for Windows 7 computers where it's my understanding that it looks like cr*p... ;-D
It will probably be uploaded today, so maybe you want to try that one instead.

Kind regards.
Apr 29, 2013 at 3:44 PM
TY, gonna wait for that one.
Apr 29, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

I'm having a similar problem with getting the add-in installed... When I attempt to install on my Windows 8 x64 I receive the following error:
"Deployment and application do not have matching security zones."
I installed VS, should I move the add-in's application files somewhere? I'm also happy waiting until release the update :)

Thanks again!

-Chad
May 4, 2013 at 6:12 PM
I have downloaded, and extracted, and the add-in shows up in the add-in list. Should it show up in the to-do bar automatically or is there something else I need to do?
Coordinator
May 5, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Hmm, the pane should show up automatically on the right side of the screen, but if it's not there please click the ADD-INS tab in the ribbon and enable it from there...