This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.
1

Closed

Last Two Updates - Calendar is Offset to the Right

description

First of all, I love this product! I have a new Windows 8.1 PC and am having a problem where the information box at the bottom is fine, but the calendar at the top is offset to the right, so much so that it cuts off down the middle of Friday. The "frame" of the calendar is fine (arrows, month/year at the top and "Today...", and the Settings icon at the bottom), but only the calendar itself is offset.

Unfortunately, I happened to acquire this PC the same day that the 10-21-2014 update was released, so I don't know if this issue is somehow related to the new O/S (prior was Win 7) or would have also occurred on my old PC as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Perry
Closed Oct 24, 2014 at 3:52 PM by gamosoft

comments

ajve wrote Oct 23, 2014 at 7:32 PM

I did my first install of the add-in today, no previous versions, and encountered this shifting of the calendar. (Also noticed that the scroll bar did not match the Outlook theme.)

Uninstalled the 10.21.2014 build and installed the 09.18.2014 build, and the calendar displays correctly. (The scroll bar still does not match the theme.)

joker009 wrote Oct 23, 2014 at 8:36 PM

At this moment I have the version of 18th September 2013 active as this version shows the calendar correctly.

I followed your un-install instructions as good as possible. After uninstall and restarted outlook and I noticed that the add-in was removed (as expected).
I could not find this registry item:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Outlook2013TodoAddIn

I could also not find this file:
C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft_Corporation\Outlook2013TodoAddIn.vsto_Path_pzllr20qornqmrstb3lfbn4njpshdzry

But as mentioned before the add-in was removed, so I decided to install the latest release of 23th October 2014.

After installation of that version I started outlook and I noticed that the calendar was shifted to the right. When I now start the registry editor I found the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Outlook2013TodoAddIn.

I still could not find C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft_Corporation\Outlook2013TodoAddIn.vsto_Path_pzllr20qornqmrstb3lfbn4njpshdzry

I closed outlook and uninstalled the add-in of 23 October 2014. Now I installed the version of 18th September 2013 again and the calendar looks fine. I did not change any other setting within outlook or my computer.

BTW. As mentioned in the other thread I installed add-in version 21 October 2014 yesterday on my other computer that did not have any previous version of your add-in installed. Also on that computer the calendar was shifted to the right. I decided to uninstall version 21 October 2014 and install version 18 September 2013 on that computer also. The calendar of that version looks fine on my other computer. This is exactly the same situation as ajve described.

Hopefully you are able to find the cause of this shift.

With kind regards,
Joker009

gamosoft wrote Oct 23, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Thank you all for your input, one quick thing, the path C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft_Corporation\Outlook2013TodoAddIn.vsto_Path_pzllr20qornqmrstb3lfbn4njpshdzry

is actually relative to my installation, the GUID at the end is depending on your local install (I think) it should be under:

C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft_Corporation\

called Outlook2013TodoAddIn.vst_Path_[random_crap] :-)

Please delete that and try those steps.

I'm spinning up a VM with W8.1 and installing Outlook 2013 Professional to test it (it's the same configuration I have locally but for some reason it's not working for you guys).

Thank you.

wrote Oct 24, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Associated with changeset 109864: Fixed incorrect width settings

gamosoft wrote Oct 24, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Duh, the one that was having font issues was me, so I was incorrectly calculating widths and position of table layouts when these don't apply, that's why it looked fine for me and wrong for most people out there, sorry about that.

I have checked in a change that fixes it (I was able to repro and fix it in the VM) and will shortly be uploading the new version to download, please try it and let me know whether it fixes the issue.

In the meantime I've also deleted the two offending uploaded versions that contained the bug and restored the one from last year as the default.

More good news, this new version I'll be uploading will have all the stuff I fixed about alerts stealing focus, so please try that as well.

Thank you.
Kind regards.

wrote Oct 24, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Skates wrote Oct 24, 2014 at 3:48 PM

I'm happy to confirm that the version released today (10-24-2014) has corrected the problem. Thanks!

wrote Oct 24, 2014 at 3:52 PM

joker009 wrote Oct 24, 2014 at 8:12 PM

I just downloaded and installed the version of October 24th and can confirm that the calendar is now showed correct. The weeknumbers are also showed correct so for me this this solves the issues that Microsoft created by their "improvements" of Office 2013 compared to Office 2010.

Note: only one small thing. Monday is displayed as "M" instead of "MO" on top of the calendar ;)

I'm very happy with this release. Thank you!!

With kind regards,
Joker009