This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Building the source in VS2012

Apr 28, 2016 at 4:42 PM
I had problems building the source code at first (or even just opening the solution in VS2012). I thought I would post my workaround for anyone else who is interested in tinkering with this AddOn.
  1. Open Outlook2013TodoAddIn.csproj (in a text editor of some kind).
  2. Look for all occurrences of Version=15.0.0.0 and change them to Version=14.0.0.0
Solution should open correctly now in Visual Studio 2012
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2016 at 9:18 AM
Nice workaround, honestly haven't tried it but I'm glad you decided to contribute with your solution here.

Thank you!
Kind regards.
May 19, 2016 at 5:54 PM
Hmmm, I appear to have over-simplified the workaround. (I tried it a second time from a fresh download and my original instructions didn't work.)
This is what DID work:

1.Open Outlook2013TodoAddIn.csproj (in a text editor of some kind).
2.Look for all occurrences of Version=15.0.0.0 and change them to Version=___12.0.0.0___
3.Open solution in VS12. A dialog will appear, with label "Functional changes required". (If it doesn't appear automatically, or if project fails to load with comment: "(needs migration)", r-click on project and select "Reload Project".)
5.Click "OK". Project will be converted and opened.

HOWEVER, at that point the solution failed to build (the .pfx key file could not be imported). Had to re-sign the project with my own cert.

Also, had to uncomment all refs to OlBusyStatus.olWorkingElsewhere
Also got warnings indicating that I should change the "Embed Interop Types" on the Microsoft.Office.Tools.Outlook assembly. (I changed it from False to True)

Then it built but didn't run ("You cannot debug or run this project, because the required version of the Microsoft Office application is not installed".) I used this solution to fix the problem.