This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Installation error - "manifest did not succeed"

Jun 17, 2015 at 6:17 PM
Below is the error that keeps popping up after my attempt to install this add-in. Please advise if there is a fix to this error. I did unblock the file prior to attempted installation.

Name:
From: file:///C:/Users/Jason/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_Outlook2013TodoAddIn.zip/Outlook2013TodoAddIn.vsto

************** Exception Text **************
System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException: Downloading file:///C:/Users/Jason/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_Outlook2013TodoAddIn.zip/Application Files/Outlook2013TodoAddIn_1_0_0_0/Outlook2013TodoAddIn.dll.manifest did not succeed. ---> System.Net.WebException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Outlook2013TodoAddIn.zip\Application Files\Outlook2013TodoAddIn_1_0_0_0\Outlook2013TodoAddIn.dll.manifest'. ---> System.Net.WebException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Outlook2013TodoAddIn.zip\Application Files\Outlook2013TodoAddIn_1_0_0_0\Outlook2013TodoAddIn.dll.manifest'. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Outlook2013TodoAddIn.zip\Application Files\Outlook2013TodoAddIn_1_0_0_0\Outlook2013TodoAddIn.dll.manifest'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync)
at System.Net.FileWebStream..ctor(FileWebRequest request, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare sharing, Int32 length, Boolean async)
at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponseCallback(Object state)
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.GetManifests(TimeSpan timeout)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()
Coordinator
Jun 17, 2015 at 11:54 PM
Did you unblock the file before unzipping and executed the VSTO file in the root folder? (not the one in the subfolder). Also, some people suggest downloading with different browsers. Can you please try that?
Are you running as administrator?
Jun 18, 2015 at 3:20 PM
You're right. I realized this after I sent the initial post. However, when I started up Outlook 2013 this morning, I received an error and the Add-In had disappeared. So I uninstalled it and re-installed it, which worked fine. The only thing missing now is that it won't show anything from my calendars, even though I have selected all my calendars in the settings. I think it does have an error, though. As I'm typing this, I've tried to scroll over the calendar and when doing this all the colors change and then it crashes.