This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Mail Alert Temporarily Blocks Typing

Aug 20, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Edited Aug 20, 2014 at 9:49 PM
First off, overall I am loving the addin, particularly the ability to delete directly from the mail alert. Thank you very much for creating it!

There is, however, one issue with the mail alert function: when an alert pops up, it blocks any typing that the user is currently doing in Outlook. This lasts as long as the mail alert is visible, which isn't long, but it's still frustrating when you continue typing along and don't realize that your progress was blocked. Perhaps this is an intended feature, but I don't always want to be forced to pay attention to the alerts by having my typing stopped. The original Outlook 2010 mail alerts didn't do this. Is there any way stop this behavior?

Thanks again.
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Actually that is a known issue. I tried fixing it some time ago and I thought I had it, but given the lack of time to keep developing this I ended up leaving as it is. I know it's slightly annoying but after just a little bit it returns the focus.
One thing you can do is to get the source code and decrease the delay so it's not so notorious...

Thanks for using my add-in. :-)
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2014 at 6:00 PM
I have just released a new version that corrects this behavior, please give it a try and let me know.

Thank you.
Kind regards.