This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Big THANK YOU and a little nit-picking

Jul 30, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Today I missed another important early morning appointment, because some smart ass Microsoft Program Manager decided to cut multiple days view from ToDo bar. Was totally ready to downgrade back to Outlook 2010, but did one last time googling hoping to find an add-in like this one and thankfully found it!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH gamosoft for making it! You cannot imagine how much I wanted this feature since Office 2013 was introduced and how much I appreciate you covered this glaring hole in it!

I have two small requests which hopefully would make it even better.

Appointment background color is defined by it's primary category. When this color is dark, black text gets barely visible on it. Outlook 2010 solved this problem by switching text color to White for dark backgrounds. Is it possible you do the same?

Another thing - appointment UI layout takes too much space horizontally (too wide). I wonder if it can be optimized (rearranged) to be somewhat narrower.

Thank you very much again!
Konstantin
Coordinator
Jul 30, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Thank you for your words, I was as frustrated as you were with this, and surprised no one had done anything about it after SO many complaints out there, so I decided to pitch in. ;-) I'm really excited to see a whole bunch of people actually using this tool that started as an ugly prototype back in the day for my own needs.

Regarding your suggestions the one for the color I'll look into it, but I do have a standard property to set it up, so I'll try to come up with something.
And about the Appointments UI I don't understand. Do you mean the word "Appointments" in the header of the pane? Unfortunately there's no way to style that, I've tried it several ways but no luck...

Kind regards.
Jul 30, 2013 at 11:45 PM
To make my points clear here is the link to the fragment of my Outlook window.

Your add-in pane takes almost as much width as email pane (I have vertical screen orientation). If I try to make it any narrower with the mouse - I get scrollbar inside the pane. Ideally it should be of the same width as the Calendar control and there should not be scrollbar. One of the possible optimizations would be moving time control from its current position to the left of the appointment to position above the appointment.

Another question - how often your add-in refreshes data, is there a way to force a refresh and also what exactly happens when data are refreshed. Look at that "Refactoring process" appointment on my screenshot. I actually deleted that appointment and created another one instead. New appointment does not show, and the one I deleted is still displayed, but in a weird way - looks like the list item template is removed for it.

Konstantin