This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Installation Problems

Jun 13, 2013 at 6:34 PM
This add-in sounds great, and just might prevent me from downgrading my Office installation back to 2010! I have, however, experienced a couple of problems. I am installing on Windows 7 Pro x64, and I have installed the VSTO Runtime.
  1. When I try to install the VSTO file, I get a security error that the location (My Computer) is not trusted. Now, I am not a caspol guru and have no idea how to grant the appropriate priveleges in .NET 4. So, I thought I would download the source and rebuild the add-in....
  2. I cannot rebuild the solution in VS2012 because the "Outlook2013TodoAddIn.pfx" is not in my certificate store. If I try to import the key, I find that it is password protected. How do I proceed? Delete it, and create my own key?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Hello there, for the look of your email the first question I have is: did you remember to unblock the ZIP file after downloading it?
Some people run into issues because of this.

Now regarding rebuilding the code, honestly I don't remember the password for the pfx, but if you have VS you can easily create a new key yourself to do it and disregard the one that's in the solution. Simply use your own one and all should be good. :-)

Thank you!
Jun 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Thanks for the response... what does it mean to "unblock" a ZIP file?
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Please read this post and see if your issue goes away:

http://blog.arkesystems.com/post/2011/03/17/Windows-7-blocks-files-from-external-source.aspx

First unblock and then unzip and try installing again.

Thank you.
Jun 19, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Thanks, that did the trick! I did not realize that Win7 treated ZIP files that way... the plug-in is very cool. Nice job!
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2013 at 4:59 PM
No problem, glad to know it helps people. :-)

You know, this was bugging me so much that's the reason I wrote this, come on Microsoft... ;-D

BTW, I just uploaded a new version that adds drag & drop functionality of emails into the calendar to create appointments, and increments the maximum number of days to 30, so feel free to upgrade if you wish.

Kind regards.
Aug 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Hey I'm having the same problem except it's with the unblocked/unzipped file.
I'm getting "deployment and application do not have matching security zones"
I've also tried it from an elevated command prompt.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Aug 26, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Geeze, downloading (then unblocking and extracting) from IE instead of chrome made it work.