This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Great job

May 5, 2013 at 4:15 PM
This add-in is pretty awesome. Good job.
One question: Have you thought about adding the ability to show events from multiple calendars? Windows Live Mail (the desktop app) shows events from all the calendars you have checked off in the Calendar view (like external webcal holidays, or external shared events calendar). I'm looking at the source code for the add-in and it only seems to look at the default calendar... I can easily modify the code to search all folders for calendars, but I am not sure how to determine if those calendars are actually turned on in the Calendar view.
Coordinator
May 5, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate them. :-)

Regarding calendars I haven't thought of that yet, and as you can see from the code it just queries the default one, but it shouldn't be too difficult to expand that (although showing them in different colors could be another suggestion). Anyway, I take note of this suggestion and if more people ask about it I'll think about implementing, but I can give you some advice if you want to do it on your own if you can't really wait. ;-)

Kind regards.
May 5, 2013 at 11:02 PM
It has been a few years since I've done Outlook add-in work, but I've started looking into modifying RetrieveAppointments() etc- I can add appointments from all the calendars in the store, but haven't figured out yet how to determine which calendars are actually turned "on" (in the Outlook UI) and what color the user has selected for them. Also, I suspect read-only "subscribed" calendars expose a somewhat different object model than regular appointment items. Sad that the basic Windows Live Mail does such an outstanding job compared to its big brother.